- Needs assessment and referral
- Information and awareness
- Orientation to the local environment
- Linkages with the community and resources
- Assistance with applications on settlement areas
- Interpretation and translation
- Group activities/sessions for information dissemination, social/networking support and promoting cross-cultural awareness
Services are available at all CICS offices located in Toronto and York Region, in TDSB and TCDSB schools in North York, and at public libraries.
Areas of Support:
We provide support in accessing services in the following areas:
Immigration, citizenship, housing, health, education, employment, labour, welfare & benefits, taxation, business, transportation, recreation, and more.
Language of Service:
Settlement workers in CICS offices: English, Albanian, Cantonese, Farsi, Gujarati, Hindi, Mandarin, Punjabi, Urdu and all other languages with the support of interpreters
Settlement workers in schools: English, Arabic, Cantonese, Dari, Farsi, Hebrew, Hindi, Korean, Mandarin, Russian, Sindhi, Tagalog, Ukrainian and Urdu.
Settlement workers in libraries: English, Cantonese, Mandarin, Urdu, Hindi and Punjabi
One-to-one service – This is an individual or family based service aimed at answering enquiries, helping with interpreting and translating information and documents, providing information on community resources and facilitating client access to needed services.
- Make an appointment by calling our offices to arrange a meeting with a settlement counsellor.
- Drop by our service locations during operation hours to receive services on a first come first served basis.
Group Session - This is a group activity where information on specific topics is delivered or facilitated by qualified professionals.
|Enquiries and making appointments:|
|Settlement Services in Toronto||416-292-7510, 416-293-4565, 416-299-8118|
|Settlement Services in York Region||905-479-7926|
|Settlement Services in Schools||416-292-7510 ext. 301|
|Settlement Services in Libraries in Toronto||416-316-3803, 416-707-8259|
|Telephone Enquiry Service|
|Every Friday from 10:00 a.m. -12:00 noon||416-292-7510|
Settlement and Education Partnerships in Toronto (SEPT)
CICS is a partner in the Settlement and Education Partnerships in Toronto (SEPT) in partnership with the Toronto District School Board (TDSB) and the Toronto Catholic District School Board (TCDSB). Since September 1999, settlement workers from CICS have been placed in elementary and secondary schools in North York to provide settlement services. Please click and see more information.
Please watch the following two videos: